IE6 address bar drop down list not working

kiz 11:38 04 Jul 04

When I use IE6, there are no saved addresses from previous searches. I havent cleared/cancelled any settings anything (that I know of). I also note that although I have the history set to 3 days, it isnt actually saving any pages. Any ideas? Thanks

Indigo 1 12:14 04 Jul 04

Do you have anything in your History folder ?

on Toolbar near to 'Favourites, Media etc.

kiz 12:21 04 Jul 04

No, nothing is being saved although I have it set to save for three days. I have this url showing ie. pc advisor- Expert Advice you can trust etc, but as soon as I close the browser that is wiped off. I have checked internet options>content>autocomplete and the webaddresses box is checked.

kiz 12:21 04 Jul 04

No, nothing is being saved although I have it set to save for three days. I have this url showing ie. pc advisor- Expert Advice you can trust etc, but as soon as I close the browser that is wiped off. I have checked internet options>content>autocomplete and the webaddresses box is checked.

Indigo 1 12:36 04 Jul 04

IN IE6, click on Tools, then Internet Options, and under Temporary Internet Files click settings.
Make sure you have enough disk space allocated, up to 80Mb is fine for XP. also make sure that Check for newer page versions is set on Automatic.

If you click on View Files it should take you to the file folder which by default is C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files if it isn't then change it.

kiz 12:53 04 Jul 04

I have done all that indigo 1, and all is as it should be. Actually I had had a couple of error messages now I think about it although not every time (didnt save them) when I've closed down the browser. So I have just tried to repair IE6 but when I go to add/remove programs, there is no entry for IE6. Is this right? So I cant even uninstall it, it would seem.
If I get the eror messages again I'll repost.

kiz 13:15 04 Jul 04

Guess what I had the eror message when I closed down this time. It read= The instruction at "0x012338ba" referenced memory at "0x0l3b805c" The memory could not be "read". Click on ok to terminate the program. Then new message saying = Runtime error 216 at 012338BA.
I have searched microsoft knowledge for any help but nothing. As I said in last posting, I am a confused becasue I cannot reinstall it if it isnt registering in add/remove program. So what now?

VoG II 14:21 04 Jul 04

Try a repair click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…