IE5 want rid of it

chicken little 15:36 19 Dec 07

For some reason I do not know is everytime I go to open a attachment the red error comes up
C:\DocumentsanSettings\val\LocalSettings\TemporyInternetfiles\Content.IE5 could not be opened.The thing being I use IE7 have done for some while.I have finally found ContentsIE5 folder deleted the folders but when i go to open attachments they always end up in the contentsIE5.How do I get rid of this.Just started about 3 weeks ago this lark.I am only a begginer with my laptop so when u give me advice be gentle.I run Windows XP SP2.I now know how to delete all temp .local temp files .history .empty recycle bin please help the folders have gone but not IE5

VoG II 15:42 19 Dec 07

Run CleanUp! click here

It won't get rid of the IE5 folder - everybody has that.

STAAKER 2000 © 15:42 19 Dec 07

go to c disc and click add or remove progs and see if its there if so just click on it and it should go....where ile never know......when quite soon after you click on it
ps make sure ie7 is there as well just to be on the safe side

chicken little 16:32 19 Dec 07

I have gone on to c disc there is a lot of info there but nothing that says IE5 its numbers and files and I am only a pc dummie nothing in add remove programme IE7 is there does it come under a number the file what do u mean cut and paste URL u will have to talk me through it what is a URL

chicken little 22:04 19 Dec 07

I down loaded notepad+++ and I think that was were I saw IE5 content so looked today and found Client Urlcache MMf Ver 5.2.It came up with a few numbers of folders then there was a yellow cd called Vidieo CD Movie modified nov o7.So I clicked to save it to Documents and it was headed index.I wonder if I delete the index cd will it be ok.when i go to play the cd on Nero showtime it says it couldnt play this media file it is currupt or is the wrong device

woodchip 22:27 19 Dec 07

All IE version's builed on IE 5, that's why you can find it on your computer and in the registry.Remove it and IE will stop working

chicken little 18:13 21 Dec 07

I have found IE5 folder and I now know not to delete the folder but can delete files.I have 8 errors on the Com/Active X are they registry errors how to get rid of them.I am loath to mess with them or any registry clean ups so many have made things worse after reading through the forums.But I will have to get them sorted.Still cant open my attachments in my email box still getting the same message.
can i delete webclient/Publisher because i have temp fles 48kb and they dont delete when i use disk clean

brundle 18:24 21 Dec 07

Clarify a couple of points - are the `attachments` you mention programs/pictures/movies/audio sent to you in emails, and do you access those emails via a webpage?
Also how do you know you have 8 ActiveX errors?

chicken little 18:30 21 Dec 07

the attachments are pic they come to me in my inbox on windows live messenger like when someone sends u mail.
The 8 active errors are because I done a windows Live onecare safety scan this morning have had these since nov I also done a spybot search nothing there and norton give me the all clear its only windows that give me these errors I havr all the details written down of each error

chicken little 06:21 24 Dec 07

I have been reading through lots of forums and I came across this. I think this is why I cant open my attachments without it going to ContentsIE5 folder because I got the same message

Norton Antivirus was unable to start the instant Messenger Scanner It will be unable to scan Instant messenger downloads for infection.
C:|Docume~1|val\Locals~\Temp\c70c.appcompat.text
AimMon.exe
Error Signature
AppName:aimmom.exe
AppVer:1.5.4.1\Mod Name :aimwsw95dll
ModVer.1.5.0.1 Offset0001977c
Do u think this is the problem have been trying to download Symantech Autofix tool but it wont let me do it Merry Xmas to u all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now