IE5 Errors in opening window

siouxah1 15:06 09 Feb 03

Hello, can anyone help.

IE5.00.3315.1000 SP2 on W2K

Problem:- intermittent. only experienced on PCA web site so far.

When opening another posted thread in another window, the window opens and the download starts. Before completion it opens other windows in quick succession. About 50 in all. Sometimes if I wait I can close them all and return to normal. At other times have to reboot. Task manager does not help.

The windows are associated with ad.co.uk doubleclick and vibrantmedia.com and are from the HPackard web site.

Am running Adaware and Spyblaster with Norton personal firewall and Norton antivirus. Have disabled both Nortons and Adaware and Spyblaster but no help.

Any clues most welcome.

Regards Brian

siouxah1 19:05 09 Feb 03

"

siouxah1 21:45 09 Feb 03

back up

siouxah1 22:05 10 Feb 03

Just once more to the top then will tick even if not resolved.

Star5 22:18 10 Feb 03

Have you tried to do a repair on IE5, settings, control panel, add/remove programs. Find microsoft internet explorer 5 and click on Add/Remove and you should get the option to repair.

I usually try this when I have IE problems.

siouxah1 22:26 10 Feb 03

Thank you Star5 I will try that and let you know.

Brian

siouxah1 16:57 11 Feb 03

Thank you Star5,

Your post prompted me to upgrade to V5.5 and up to now this seems to have done the trick.

Regards Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…