IE1394 & 98se,Howto?

Chegs ® 13:43 29 Jan 04

I have a partition with 98se on it(dual boot with XP)In Device Manager it has (in Imaging Devices) "USB Still Image Device" with an ! beside it.I hunted via google,and found out its the IE1394 port on my mobo,but further hunts to find a driver that recognises it have failed.I tried the mobo cd,98se cd,

but still have the ! beside it.

I can just turn IE1394 off in BIOS,but would really like to get it to work.

davejo 13:59 29 Jan 04

The IEEE 1394 standard defines a high speed serial interface that can be used to connect peripheral devices, for example, printers, scanners, and cameras, to your computer. Some common features of the IEEE 1394 standard are:
A simple plug and socket connection. This connection is visually similar to universal serial bus (USB) connections, although USB and IEEE 1394 are not compatible.
The capacity to have up to 63 devices connected serially (in series) to a single port.
Data transfer speeds of up to the rate of 400 MB per second. (The maximum speed is presently 200 MB per second.)
Thin wire cable.
Hot plug and play capability. (You do not need to turn off a computer to connect and use a peripheral device.)
The ability to chain devices together in a number of different ways without terminators or complicated setup requirements.
The ability for IEEE 1394-compliant devices to connect together without the use of a computer (for example, when you are dubbing video tapes).
Asynchronous communication for batch or packet data transfer and storage.
Isochronous communication for real-time voice and video transmission, and any other program that is better-suited for streaming data transfer.
Devices as far apart as 4.5 meters (nearly 15 feet) can be connected.

Big Elf 14:00 29 Jan 04

Any use? click here

spikeychris 14:09 29 Jan 04

Stimon.exe seems to play a part in this as well. Is it loading in HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

Chegs ® 14:22 29 Jan 04

Seems to be Spikeychris,thanks Big Elf,I missed that one,d/l'ed it,applied it and then clicked install on the .inf file,rebooted but still got IE1394 as ! in Device Manager.

Chegs ® 14:54 29 Jan 04

An extremely big thank you,it WAS your file that enabled my IE1394,I installed it using the instructions from the site,but it didn't recognise the IE1394.I got it working by deleting the Device Manager/USB Still Image Device,this created an ! against my scanner,reinstalled its driver and now have a clear list in Device Manager(now all I have to do is find where I put the DigiCamCorder,and test it out)Thank You.

Big Elf 14:59 29 Jan 04

Lucky google hit:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…