IE11 / E.Bay anomalies

Furkin 13:03 16 Nov 13
Answered

Hi Guys & Gals,

I upgraded to IE11 a couple of days ago.

Now, when I try to revise items in E.Bay, or write descriptions for new listings,,,, I don’t get the Format Ribbon, or the Standard/HTML tab, & the description is in html code.

I’ve been on to e.bay and they talked me into deleting temp files (I do regularly) & Cookies – all to no avail.

Things work in Firefox (though a lot slower) so I guess its down to IE11. Everything worked normally in IE10.

As of yet, I haven’t noticed any other anomalies – but that’s not to say they aren’t there.

Any ideas how to get over this please ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asus M5A78L-M LX : Phenom IIx2 : 4gb ram : PSU: OCZ 500w : nVidia GT440 : HDD: Samsung 1tb + W.D 1tb : IE.11 : Win 7 ult (32)

rdave13 14:02 16 Nov 13
Answer

Try tools, compatibility view settings and add the website, see if that works. If no different then remove the site and try with the box unticked for Use Microsoft compatibility lists.

Furkin 15:40 16 Nov 13

Cheers Dave,

That did the trick. An e.bay guy in the Philippines tried his best - & I could understand him (?!). He did take me to the Comparison window, but he said that e.bay should already be in there !

Am opening another request for help – see How to open DJVU files.

All the best mate

Furkin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced