IE Window being reused?!

Terrylr 21:29 10 Nov 04

Hi all,

I have a problem whereby if I already have an IE window open then go to open a new one (by double clicking on the icon) instead of it opening an additonal window it reuses the first!

This is not related to the Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Resuse windows for shortcuts.

I'm not clicking on a shortcut! I'm opening a new window from the exe.

Using IE 6

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Terry

GaT7 23:00 10 Nov 04

Terry, This of any help? click here.

Have you tried a 'tabbed' browser? You won't go back to IE. Here are a few popular ones with useful features not present in IE: Avant Browser click here, Firefox click here, Opera click here, Mozilla (Firefox's big brother) click here, Maxthon click here. G

pharte 23:07 10 Nov 04

go into your ie settings and tick the box that says "open in new window" and that should do the trick

Terrylr 23:57 10 Nov 04

Hello,

Thank you for you help. That article on the KB is refering to opening a link in a new window. Not the problem I have unfortunately :(

Its the problem actually loading the application again - it never opens more that one IE window

Terrylr 23:58 10 Nov 04

Not sure what you mean? where is this box?

curlylad 02:03 11 Nov 04

Can you explain how to do your suggestion from the post at 23:07 please ?

Djohn 03:27 11 Nov 04

Through google I found many references to this same problem. The only common factor was Yahoo! toolbar. Removal of the toolbar from add/remove programs and any other reference to Yahoo! toolbar then a reboot solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…