IE will not open for limited accounts

swapper 14:19 05 May 05

WinxpHE

My internet connections were working fine, but I have just found that the Internet explorer icons will not open to the Internet for the limited accounts, although it is fine for the Administrators.
I dont know what the problem can be.
As a possible, I uninstalled and reinstalled BT broadband, but no change, any ideas please?

mattyc_92 14:38 05 May 05

Have you got "twaeking" software installed, as you may have applied a tweak to do this

swapper 15:27 05 May 05

mattyc_92 - <Have you got "twaeking" software>. No, I think it is something to do with the IE settings, I say this because when I double click the double green arrows (bottom right) it opens to the internet o.k. if I then double click the IE icon on the descktop, my home page opens o.k. and things fine, but as you know I should be able to double click the IE icon and go on line from there (as I did up til recently).

mattyc_92 15:28 05 May 05

Does it IE open or doesn't anything happen?

swapper 16:29 07 May 05

mattyc_92, sorry about the delay.
I have now sorted it! I found that the BB setup was ticked for administrators only, don't know how that happened from one day to the next?
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…