IE v Mozilla v Opera

spuds 21:52 26 Dec 03

At present I am running IE6, but after reading a couple of circulars regarding Mozilla and Opera. I am 'perhaps' thinking of giving one of them a try.

What are the Pro's and Con's on Opera and Mozilla.Is it about time I got rid of IE, and if so, what difference would it make to my present configerations, if any.Don't want to mess things up.

night flyer 21:53 26 Dec 03

Why not try Avant browser it's very fast,easy to use and Free

VoG II 22:06 26 Dec 03

And don't forget Firebird click here

I have IE, Opera, Mozilla and Firebird installed and they co-exist quite happily.

I tried Mozilla around 1 year ago and found it very unstable to the point of being unusable.

However after reading recommendations on the PCA forums I recently went back and tried version 1.4 (now 1.5) and the program is almost perfect. Some of the features that you get with Mozilla are:

Tabbed browsing
Auto Form filling
Password Manager
Popup Blocker (this is the most impressive thing for me)
Bookmark Manager is mutch better than IE

My only gripe with Mozilla is that very occasionaly it does still crash, but then IE falls over regularly aswell. One other slight problem is that a few sites don't seem to like it. is one site I still have to use IE to access properly.

I would recommend Mozilla as the positives massively outweigh the negatives. But as both Mozila and Opera are free, download them both and form your own opinion.

PS: I tried Opera, but Mozilla does everything I need so it was deleted, I'm sure someone else in the forum can fill you in on it's advantages.

spuds 22:11 26 Dec 03

Thanks people for the quick response.Keep them coming.

Pesala 22:15 26 Dec 03
  spuds 20:29 27 Dec 03

Downloaded Firebird and Opera.Now to experiment.

Dumb question: Why Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird. Whats the advantage/disadvantage/difference of having both?

VoG II 20:31 27 Dec 03

I think you'll find that Firebird is faster than Mozilla (certainly to load) but is not yet in final release form.

Have fun!

steve0 20:45 27 Dec 03

Have had various versions of Opera - now using ver 7.21. Like tabbed interface, the wand that saves passwords and the skins (mine looks nothing like the default) Disadvantages are that it is much slower loading the program than IE6. Also, some multimedia doesn't work - the BBC radio sites for instance.

Pop up stopping was also an advantage, but since installing Google toolbar in IE6, this program is now free of pop ups.

woodchip 20:46 27 Dec 03

Better trying Netscape 7

VoG II 20:51 27 Dec 03

Have you tried Firebird?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…