IE Tools/options locked

k1w1k1w1 16:41 21 Feb 04

My home page was changed and I have managed to change back using regedit as the IE tools/options tool bar is locked, it tells me it is blocked due to restrictions and I should contact the administrator. This is a home PC with no other log on names, I have full permissons but can not get into IE tools. I have tried reloading IE.
Anyone got a fix?
Cheers
Dave

hugh-265156 16:58 21 Feb 04

do you use spybot search and destroy?

if so:

fire it up and click "immunize" then scroll down and untick "lock ie control panel against opening from within ie current user"

maybe?

k1w1k1w1 19:40 21 Feb 04

Thanks for that, I can now access control of my home page via Control Panel/internet options/home page, but tools/internet options is still locked with Restrictions?
Dave

Diodorus Siculus 19:43 21 Feb 04

click here
try a repair...

powerless 19:47 21 Feb 04
  hugh-265156 20:24 21 Feb 04

try the same page in spybot and untick the other two boxes beside the above.

lock hosts etc.

k1w1k1w1 09:54 22 Feb 04

Some great solutions, I had managed to solve it by going into regedit and changing the Restrictions setting from 1 to 0 which worked, but I will run sfc /scannow to check and have downloaded the internetoptions programme for next time.
Many thanks
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…