IE Start page hijack (yes, me too!)

Si258 13:49 22 Jun 04

Like many others, my IE6 startpage has been hijacked. I have run Spybot, Adaware, SpyWareBlaster, CWShredder, Hijackthis, etc, but I am still getting a dodgy "MSN Homesearch" page addressed "res://iqsde.dll/index.html#37049".

I have manually deleted any reference to "iqsde" from the registry, but it's back again!

Any help anyone?

Terry Brown 14:31 22 Jun 04

Load the page you want as default. Go to TOOLS, Interner Options,Use Current.. Done

Stuartli 15:07 22 Jun 04

+ Apply>OK....

This is a BT link about premium rate and international dialup scams perpetrated through computer systems which has just landed in a regular e-mail from BT.com:

click here

Si258 17:52 26 Jun 04

I've read through the BT stuff, but no luck there. I've also tried your advice, Terry, many times, but it still reverts back to res://iqsde.dll/index.html#37049.

Anyone elseany ideas?

VoG II 17:53 26 Jun 04

Post a HJT log click here

Lionheart ? 17:54 26 Jun 04

Have you tried this one click here

fourjays 18:17 26 Jun 04

I had something like that quite a while ago, and from you saying 'a dodgy MSN page' it is the same one. I tried everything, and eventually I just ended up having to format, and re-install Windows XP. :-( Hope it doesn't come to that for you.

MidgetMan 19:22 26 Jun 04

My daughter has just had this, run adaware and delete all that it finds, you say you have spy ware balster? go into tools, misc ie sttings and tick lock homepage this will stop anything changing your hpomepage (first set your homepage to what want in ie of course)

Audeal 20:43 26 Jun 04

Yo may find an explanation here from Ad-aware. I would suggest you read it and act on it as I did so and solved this problem for me. click here

bonnieblue 15:15 27 Jun 04

geek superhero is new and it works it fixed mine
give it a try,

Si258 08:02 01 Jul 04

I think it's sorted it. Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…