i.e spellcheck in windows 7

Madrat 22 Nov 11

Why dosnt i.e spellcheck always work in windows 7?

Somtimes its fine then other times is comes up with an error saying "Exception raised!automation server cant create object"

Never had this problem in XP. What can I do???

gengiscant 22 Nov 11

I had the same problem,found and installed this and its pretty good. Speckie for IE 9.

Madrat 22 Nov 11

Thanks will give it a try

wiz-king 22 Nov 11

I also use speckie.

Madrat 25 Nov 11

OK I have tried the others but still prefer IE spell check, I have found out that if you use IE 32bit instead of 64bit, ( look in start menu) it works no problems.

Thanks every one

TonyV 25 Nov 11

fiatman

You are absolutely right. I.E. Spellcheck does not work in 64bit IE. I changed over to Speckie because of that and have no problems at all.

Cheers

TonyV

Madrat 27 Nov 11

Isn't it about time software manufacturers caught up with 64bit computing? I mean it's hardly some new fangled technology is it!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message