ie search engine

buzzbomb 23:06 21 Jan 03
  buzzbomb 23:06 21 Jan 03

how do i change my search engine in ie6 ive looked at customise but only msn is avalable all help welcome

DieSse 23:09 21 Jan 03

Go to Google and install their toolbar. It's excellent - I use it constantly.

buzzbomb 23:14 21 Jan 03

will this replace msn in my ie search

VoG™ 23:17 21 Jan 03

It will give you a Google search bar on your IE toolbar.

buzzbomb 23:22 21 Jan 03

ill give it a try
thanks vog

powerless 23:26 21 Jan 03

Then to make things easier when your searching lets say you want to search for something mentioned on a webpage...

For example: PCAdvisor

Instead of typing that into the tool bar.

Highlight the PCAdvisor and right click and choose "Google Search".

Now its not there by a default installtion you have to choose to have it on the right click.

To do that on the toolbar click the "Google" button on the right, the first item of the toolbar. Go down to "Toolbar Options"...

Now check the two cirlces next to:-

"Open a new window to display results each time you search"

and

"Add Google-related items to the browser's right-click context menu. Note: Changes to this option will not take place until you restart your browser"

Go to the bottom and click "ok".

Now that will add the right click google search and new searches will open in a new window.

;-)

VoG™ 23:32 21 Jan 03

There are other interesting things that you can do with Google. For example if you enter click here it will give you one hit (of course) but then these options

Show Google's cache of click here

Find web pages that are similar to click here

Find web pages that link to click here

Find web pages that contain the term "click here"

Belatucadrus 23:54 21 Jan 03

Due to the wonders of IE if you pretend to be American you get far more search options. Go into Internet options and click on the languages tab, add English [United States][en-us] and move it to the top of the list, OK the selection and OK the Options screen. Then open Search, click on customize and you will find that the list of search agent options has increased dramatically .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…