IE running CPU resources at 100%

andy334 11:22 13 Jun 08

Hi all,

I have a Windows XP Pro with SP 2. Pentium 4 (2.2GHz) and 512mb RAM (2 x 256mb).

I have recently installed a Sky Broadband Modem (SAGEM) using the Ethernet cable. All specs to run this broadband are well within tollerances according to the manufacturers specs.

The broadband is running really well and I am completely happy with the performance except that quite often, when surfing, the system will slow completely and practically (but not quite) lock up.

I have brought up the task manager at these times and it always shows the system resources running at 100% with "explorer.exe" generally running at around 98%. Simply bringing up the task manager will sometimes clear the problem but I have no idea why.

Grateful if anyone has any suggestions on what the problem is and how to resolve it. Would increasing the RAM help?

Graham. 11:26 13 Jun 08

explorer.exe is Windows Explorer. ixeplore.exe is Internet Explorer.

Graham. 11:29 13 Jun 08

If you don't have Windows Explorer open, I would End Process and see what happens. Save any open tasks first.

birdface 11:43 13 Jun 08

Probably not a lot of help.click here

citadel 19:28 13 Jun 08

512 is not much ram 1g or 2g is better, plus it is cheap at the moment if you want to add more.

andy334 20:50 13 Jun 08

Thanks for the responses. I think I will have to increase the RAM and see how I go from there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…