I.E. repair query

TommyRed 19:06 13 Feb 04

As I cannot resolve this 'Work Offline' problem click here and no-one on here seems to know, I reckon it could be a problem in IE as it only occurs when I connect through the IE icon and not the Tesco one. To access the repair function I believe you have to go through 'add/remove programs' my question is that the only IE in there is IEQ832894 and when I click on this it says do I want to to restore the previous configuration, do I? and do I then have to restore any updates? Regards TR

VoG II 19:10 13 Feb 04

No you don't want to do that. Try click here then check windowsupdate site afterwards.

hugh-265156 19:16 13 Feb 04

add remove programs/add remove windows components.to uninstall it i think.see also.

click here

click here

click here

TommyRed 19:21 13 Feb 04

As XP was pre-installed I only have a 'restore cd' so I can only try the last of the 3 solutions. Will report back if its resolved it. TR

TommyRed 19:43 13 Feb 04

When I tied the only solution I could without a cd it said Error loading setupwbv.dll The specified module could not be found I typed in rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt" to the run box. Does this look correct. TR

TommyRed 20:33 13 Feb 04

^

canute44 21:10 13 Feb 04

Repair of IE interests me as some members will be aware that I have been trying to update from IE 5 to IE6 to and each attempt ends in failure. With OS Win Me, when I look in add/remove "Microsoft IE and Internet tools" does not appear at all in the list as set out in VoG's intitial link! So there appears no avenue to repair my installation of IE. Very Interesting!

woodchip 21:21 13 Feb 04

can you see any Cab files on the Recovery CD or is it just a Image file

TommyRed 22:05 13 Feb 04

I assume it's just an Image file as nothing is shown on my computer other than something about the drivers being on the other CD. TR

woodchip 22:07 13 Feb 04

Have you looked at the CD in Explorer to see exatctly what's on it

TommyRed 22:23 13 Feb 04

Been into explorer, the only things showing are DRIVERS folder; VALUEADD folder;220.GHO file; AUTORUN and WINDOWS icon. All of which I take it to be an image. I'm off to bed now, early start in morning. Regards TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…