IE redirects

onthelimit 21:17 27 Nov 10

As from yesterday, when I Google a search and click on a result, I frequently get redirected to another search/ad page. I've run superantispyware (which finds anything from 3 to 300 adware bugs), Malwarebytes and MSE scan. The problem keeps recurring. Never had it before - any solutions gratefully received!

letsgetrdy 21:20 27 Nov 10

Have you tried clearing all temporary internet files, cookies, cache.. etc. Theres a hiijacker hiding somewhere. Thats the place to start.

If that fails then we'll discuss possible registry issues. Also check your browsers settings to make sure its not using a proxy (normally the left behind remnence of a problem).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:23 27 Nov 10

Have you let malarebyte and superantspyware delete the adware?

Switch off system resore

rescan with all you AV ans AS progs

reboot

rescan to check all is gone

switch system restore back on

letsgetrdy 21:25 27 Nov 10

Switching off system restore will cause loss of restore points, in my opinion a hiijacker isn't good enough to infiltrate these system files. And you may need them one day.

onthelimit 21:34 27 Nov 10

I've done as FB suggests and run CCleaner as well as the others. Just downloaded and updated a fresh malwarebytes, and doing a deep scan now. Will report back!

onthelimit 21:35 27 Nov 10

P.S. Checked Internet Options - proxy not ticked.

onthelimit 22:07 27 Nov 10

Full mbam scan revealled nothing. Re-run CCleaner. Will see what happens tomorrow.

onthelimit 22:11 27 Nov 10

Just tried again - still doing it!

rdave13 22:44 27 Nov 10

Delete Google favourites or if it's your home page.
Uninstall Malwarebytes.
Reboot to safe mode with internet connection.
Download rkill.exe; click here

Download Malwarebytes. Update it.
Run rkill then run Malwarebytes immediately after.
Reboot to normal mode and run Malwarebytes again and SAS, full scan, to sweep up.
Will take some time.

onthelimit 09:18 28 Nov 10

Did that - Mbam found nothing. Then noticed that MSE hadn't updated for 3 days (since the problems started). Tried a manual update but failed half way through. Have uninstalled MSE and installed AVG. That updated OK - now running a scan - will report back!

onthelimit 11:16 28 Nov 10

AVG fornd two 'Trojan horse Exploit_c.NCV'. Google gives little info about these, but IE seems to be behaving (at the moment!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced