IE redirecting multiple times

Dutchy11 23:46 10 Jan 04

Hi

I guess I have been to a dodgy site as when I launch IE the browser trys to point to a web site "metadirect". The actual address appears to be a very long string of repeating the same address and causes IE to go nito some sort of loop. The addrress starts with a .dll file in by c/windows/system32 folder.

It's not made itself my "home page" and this is still ok (from looking at tools / internet options). The origin seems to be in the system32 folder. I have both AVG and sygate installed so I'm not sure how this got its foot in the door - but its a pain. I run XP am writing this via another profile - as launching IE on the other profile is not possible due to the redirect.

Any ideas what I should do to rid myself of this ?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

cycoze 00:00 11 Jan 04

metadirect is mentioned click here and click here , MS explanation on BHO`s click here and finally BHODemon from click here to help you get rid of it , read the page before running the program.

woodchip 00:04 11 Jan 04

If you know which Dll file try moving it to another folder

cycoze 00:07 11 Jan 04

probably Expext.dll .

Dutchy11 19:53 11 Jan 04

Sorted. The suggested download did the trick. Many thanks.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…