IE and ram help

patso 10:10 31 Oct 07

i just upgraded my ram from 512mg to 1.2gb and i thought ie would run faster but its still dog slow. i hane a 1mb wireless bb connection and use xp home and 2ghz celeron R. the ram in the pc was 2 banks of 256 333mhz 2700 ,the new ram is 3200 speed down compatible with 2700 and 2100 ,i left i 250mb stick in and put in the new stick as well is this ok?the apps seem to be working faster but ie takes ages to load still,any ideas ?shoule i take out the 250 stick,the ram is seen in my comp as 1.2gig installed,the 250 is 2700 speed and the 1 gig is 3200 any help mwith both please mainly ie speed up loading thanks

howard64 10:44 31 Oct 07

it will all run at the speed of the slowest. I would suggest that if this pc has been in use for some time it probably needs a good clearout of old files etc. Using the disk cleanup ops should make a large difference as will stopping a load of unneccessary progs running in the background. Search this forum for Fruitbats excellent suggestions.

martjc 10:54 31 Oct 07

...but also run spybot S&D and ad-aware. These will get rid of a lot of dross.

patso 13:14 31 Oct 07

ok thanks ,if i remove the lower speed ram stick will it run faster ,when i ran the crucial scan it told me the pc could take the 3200 speed as it was compatible,sorry for being stupid but the original ram was 186 ddr 2700 and the new one is as i said 3200 would this work do you kmow.can you tell me if i have 1gig ram why IE is still slow to load?do i need to remove stuff like saved bookmarks add ons etc from it to make it thanks again

patso 13:35 31 Oct 07

i found this article browsing does anyone know if its safe to do and does it work thanks again
I had this problem for about 6 months now and it was driving me crazy. I would launch IE and it would just HANG there for about 15+ seconds as if it was searching for something, then it would start loading the webpage. This fixes it:

To do this, run Regedit and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\RemoteComputer\NameSpace
Highlight the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value and delete it: right-click on it -> select Delete -> click OK.

This Registry change takes effect immediately.
Just start MS IE while connected to the network/internet to see the difference. :)

patso 13:38 31 Oct 07

ps soryy i know i should have changed the letter on the link but forget how to do this apologies again patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…