IE Problems..help

Zeltine 11:38 11 Oct 04

Please help,
Win98, IE 6, Modem dials up fine, passwords accepted. I get the DNS error page and it will not find any site at all. Also when I open OE it disconnects the connection! I know the modem is working as my AV updates (Panda) I have checked and rechecked all the settings on IE. I am at a loss. Please help, I have done full virus scans. I have tried another modem. It is very frustrating.
Thank you in advance,
Ian

VoG II 11:39 11 Oct 04
  Zeltine 12:03 11 Oct 04

Have downloaded, will try at home later on tonight, will respond if online tonight, if not will post tomorrow. Is there anything else that I should be looking at?

VoG II 12:06 11 Oct 04

If that doesn't work then you could try a repair click here

canard 13:17 11 Oct 04

And if IE continues to be bothersome you could continue surfing with Firefox or Opera- both free, v easy to use, reliable and said to be far safer.

Zeltine 13:59 12 Oct 04

VOG, still need help I'm afraid, downloaded tool from Tacktech and it did do something, ie, the browser did not come up with the DNS error straight away. But then after a while the same error came up. Have tried the att.net link, and I dont have IE in my add/remove programs, so cannot do the other fix. I think that I am going to do a complete Win98 reinstall (have been needing an excuse to do it!!) Anymore advice anyone?
Thanks in advance.
Ian

Wak 14:50 12 Oct 04

If you have Win 98 then you can do an Internet Explorer repair as suggested by VOG by going to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ System Information/ Tools tab. Select the first item on the drop down list.

Zeltine 20:41 13 Oct 04

It turned out to be, as simple as reinstalling TCP/IP, Dial Up Adaptors and DUN's!!! I would like to say "Thank you" for your help and also click here where the eventual answer came from!!
Take care people.
Ian
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…