IE problem

claluc 19:37 28 Apr 06

Have just received my new PC and am setting it up but have a problem with IE.
On some sites it does not show the windows where to click in order to download content (i.e Flashplayer or Shockwawe) or access to chats etc.
Web pages show ok and surfing /downloading on most works well but on others as said there is either a blank field where the download button should be or in the case of chats the button "chat" or whatever other connection is not shown.
Instead there is the classic little red cross on top left.
This is really driving me mad, have tried the helpline of the PC manufacturer but ......well let's forget about it!

Skills 20:09 28 Apr 06

Have you the latest flash, shockwave and java installed? Could be that.

claluc 17:25 29 Apr 06

I have managed to download java, shockwawe anf flash won't install.
I have also tried using Firefox to do it but same result, It finds the Macromedia website but when I click download it says Website not found?
Any idea?

Skills 18:49 29 Apr 06

Try clearing out your temporary internet files and then try again.

claluc 23:29 30 Apr 06

I have tried everything, when I click on "download there is twice a popup asking for an actine x to run, i click ok then it tells me that the currrent version of shockwave needs to download a most recent one, then the loop restarts forever and nothing happens.
I have finally managed to download falsh player (don't ask me how!) but still same situation, I am very limited in my internet use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…