IE and/or Win Media Player Problems

Steve M 12:43 23 Jan 05

getting problems with either IE or Win Media Player(9+10)..the first time I open and run a short movie clip everything goes ok..win med player opens etc etc.. after that however, the next time I try the same operation, win med player does not open .. I have also noticed that any application (word,excel etc)I might try to use after that is very slow to open.I have run Spybot and Adaware and also have Trend A/virus running but even after that I have to reboot to restore any level of normality..while the machine is shutting down I get a message that 'windows sink event window is not responding'and have to take the 'end-now'option. How can I uninstall and reinstall IE and Win Media Player? I've looked in Control Panel but the 'Add/Remove Windows components'does not seem to uninstall, just remove the link to the programme
Would downloadig an alternative browser eg Firefox make a difference ??... any suggestions welcomed

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:58 23 Jan 05

REpair XP
click here
Type
sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.

This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…