IE or Firefox??

hawthorn59 18:12 18 Sep 07

Normally I wouldnt ask this question, as I love forefox, but i do find in general the print/text small and hard to read in Firefox.

Yes, I know you can enlarge it but you have to do it EVERY time you open it, and on every new tab. And sometimes it doesnt increase all the text, and screens run into each other. The default size in Firefox (at least on my 17" w/screen) is smaller than the default on IE.

In all other respects I prefer firefox, but this is annoying me!

thanks

h

alan2273 18:17 18 Sep 07

Have you tried Opera, you can set the text size and it always uses that size untill you change it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 18 Sep 07

FF
tools - otions - content - fonts and colours

you can set the default font size to whatever you want.

hawthorn59 18:36 18 Sep 07

Thanks Fruit Bat i tried that but for example, as i type this it is in tiny text. When I do as you suggest it changes the main pages (which I suppose is something) but not what Im typing now, so I presume it'll be the same on other sites too.

Might just give Opera an audition....

h

birdface 20:28 18 Sep 07

I have moved back to Internet Explorer from Firefox mainly due to IE7 Pro.A great little Add-On introduced by Jimmy14 about 6 months ago and getting better with every up-date.

Stuartli 22:19 18 Sep 07

You can use the IEView extension in Firefox to switch whenever necessary:

click here

QuizMan 22:30 18 Sep 07

My preferred method of changing text size in Firefox is to hold down the control key whilst scrolling the mouse wheel down (larger) or up (smaller)

QuizMan 22:31 18 Sep 07

PS - also works in IE

woodchip 22:41 18 Sep 07

It's not Firefox, it's the resolution you have your monitor set to. But what's that got to do with Print?

hawthorn59 02:12 19 Sep 07

Sorry I mean text not print...(I meant the "print", noun!)

What resolution is best?

Yes Ive used the wheel method but you have to do it every time.

Ive downloaded Opera tonight and it seems to keep the settings....so far. But maybe the resolution might solve my problem with Firefox.

h

woodchip 11:22 19 Sep 07

What is you monitor set to?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…