IE only works after ccleaner has been used

trv4n 20:57 26 Nov 08

If not access keeps shutting down and no connection is made until ccleaner is used.Any suggestions? thankyou

mrwoowoo 22:31 26 Nov 08

Have you done a complete anti virus and anti spyware scan?
Perhaps a piece of malware keeps altering/installing something that Ccleaner then removes.

FreeCell 10:36 27 Nov 08

Which element of CCleaner are you running? Clear files or clean registry?

If clearing files which components of IE do you have selected? Can you selectively alter CCleaner settings to determine which files are making the difference to IE running?

trv4n 20:05 27 Nov 08

hello, thank you for your help.I need to tell you more.It is a new pc. I was advised to re install the windows vista disc. Ie was working fine. As I was putting things back on and went on to IE it came up as shutting down.By a fluke I used cc.and it worked afterwards.
I used 'cleaner'= and it automatically cleaned IE,WE and System-these were ticked already. I have not used registry Integrity Icon cleaner
Mr woowoo: I have used avast and adaware with no infection results. hope this makes sense.thank you

trv4n 20:10 27 Nov 08

when i first had the pc, I filled it with programs ms2003/printer/scanner etcand I thought it was Aol that had caused the problem.I have not loaded aol yet and this keeps happening. all of ZAlarm have been allowed.

trv4n 20:50 27 Nov 08

hello again I have just cleared all the ticks in ccleaner.and put them back in one by one. cleaned and tried IE each time.
The only one that worked to allow me on to IE was 'temporary internet files' The message on the left was ='
Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IE Temporary Internet Files (138 files) 0.98MB
C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol 405 bytes
Any suggestions?

FreeCell 12:02 28 Nov 08

If you are using IE 7 you can try to run the program without loading any add-ons to see if one of them is causing the problems. To do this, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

trv4n 21:33 02 Dec 08

hello, apologies for no response. I am running without ad ons and it still shuts down when asked to start. I have downloaded fire fox for the moment. I have deleted the macromedia files .I do not know too much about pc's this is so confusing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…