IE & OE won't connect automatically to Internet

car nut 19:14 19 Mar 08

Since I installed BBC iPlayer the other day, when I'm not online and I click the Quick Launch icons for IE or OE, it will no longer automatically dial my broadband provider.

I've looked under Internet Options and Dial-Up Networking in Control Panel but can't see an appropriate option to tick.

Could someone help please!

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:31 19 Mar 08

Tools - internet options -Connections tab - Always dial my default conection

car nut 19:52 19 Mar 08

Hi Fruit Bat

Always dial my default connection is already selected.

MAJ 20:00 19 Mar 08

Try, in OE, go to Tools > Options > General tab, tick the "Send and Receive messages on startup" option, click Apply and OK to exit.

car nut 20:05 19 Mar 08

Hi MAJ

Send and Receive messages on startup is already selected too.

MAJ 20:08 19 Mar 08

Ya know what's next then, car nut, try a system restore to before you installed the iPlayer, if that's convenient.

car nut 20:35 19 Mar 08

Okay MAJ, I was going to try that, I was just hoping there was another solution, 'cause that's going to get rid of iPlayer and who's to say it won't happen again if I reinstall it?

But yes, now's a good a time as any...

car nut 20:44 19 Mar 08

Yes, that's cured it. I'll be interested to see if it happens again if I reinstall iPlayer. Don't think I'll bother for now...

Thanks guys.

Clapton is God 20:45 19 Mar 08

But be aware that by doing a System Restore to before you installed iPlayer may uninstall or corrupt the iPlayer installation

Clapton is God 20:46 19 Mar 08

Must learn to type quicker. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…