ie and oe wont auto dissconnect after use :o(

: : Radioactive Frog : : 13:17 05 Feb 04

ok a win 98 computer has just updated internet explorer and outlook express however.... it now wont

disconnect after send and recieve in Outlook Express

also when i used to close the last internet explorer window it would say its gonna disconnect afa 30secs but it doesnt do that either!!

can anyone tell me why? I have check the box to say dissconnect after a send and recieve!!

any help would be really appreciated !!

Djohn 13:25 05 Feb 04

IE. Tools/internet options/connections tab/settings/advanced, and place a tick in the box, "Disconnect when connection no longer needed". j.

: : Radioactive Frog : : 12:54 06 Feb 04

hmmmm, i hadnt tried that but when i did try i could not use the Advanced Button :( now that is something i have not come across before!

any ideas? anyone ??

thanks for reply Djohn

johnnyrocker 13:26 06 Feb 04

the advanced button you need is in dialing properties.

: : Radioactive Frog : : 14:07 06 Feb 04

yup that is where i am but the advanced tab is greyed out

Djohn 14:30 06 Feb 04

It's the second "Advanced tab" near the bottom right of the page, next to the "Dial-up window.

: : Radioactive Frog : : 22:06 09 Feb 04

that tab is DEFINIATLY not active :o(
i cant understand y !! i have tried to create another connection but it tells me my password is wrong but i am 110% sure it is right !!!

any ideas???

Eastender 22:54 09 Feb 04

In IE go Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Settings>Properties>Dialing tick Disconnect....

In OE go Tools>Options>Connection tick Hang up after sending/receiving

woodchip 23:04 09 Feb 04

It may be your sever ISP Software that as altered the IE settings, and grayed out the one so you cannot mess with them It's done it with mine So there is now no box to tick about When no longer needed

: : Radioactive Frog : : 21:31 10 Feb 04

woodchip: who are you with?

woodchip 21:36 10 Feb 04

NTL-BT Dial-Up £15 a month for Phone call's Internet Free 24/7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…