IE & OE "'Provided by....."

Fellsider 12:02 16 Mar 06

I saw a thread a short while back on how to change the caption at the top of the page, for IE and OE, that shows the provider details.
I have searched in vain and now cannot find it, can someone point me in the right direction please?

rawprawn 12:06 16 Mar 06

Spybot has the facility to change the name in IE,Tools/IE Tweaks. I don't know about OE

VoG II 12:12 16 Mar 06

For Internet Explorer, Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

For OE click here

VoG II 12:13 16 Mar 06
  jimv7 13:17 16 Mar 06

Or, if your using spywareblaster, in its tools you have the option to rename the explorer headings.

Stuartli 13:34 16 Mar 06

When I used IE I used to have my name in the Title Bar - for reasons, of course, of personal vanity...:-)

ACOLYTE 13:38 16 Mar 06

Funny mine doesnt say anything on the title bar only the name of the page im on.

Stuartli 15:31 16 Mar 06

Obviously you don't have any "branding" of the Title bar...:-)

ACOLYTE 02:45 17 Mar 06

If you call the page in on branding then i guess i do lol,but its not like some that have there ISP name there lol.I have thought of setting it with somthing witty but cant think of anything apt)

Stuartli 14:37 17 Mar 06

How about the one normally used by people wandering round a shop when approached by an assistant: "Just browsin'" ?

pj123 17:13 17 Mar 06

Whether this works in XP or not I don't know. But in Win 98SE go to Start, Run type in regedit and OK. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main and in the right hand window scroll down to Window Title. Right click it select Modify and type in what you want it to read. OK your way back out. Roughly the same with Outlook Express except instead of Internet Explorer go to Outlook Express. Change it there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017