IE not displaying pages properly

keewaa 22:57 27 Apr 06

I can't work out what setting is causing this, but something is missing ... it's like being back on the first version of IE.

Anyone know why it is displaying like this ? click here

keewaa 22:57 27 Apr 06

When it should be like this click here

VoG II 22:59 27 Apr 06

Try a repair click here

terryf 23:00 27 Apr 06

Have you been to View>Text size and altered the setting?

keewaa 23:23 27 Apr 06

Yes terryf, tried that with no cure.

Thanks VoG .... Unfortunately I don't have a winXP CD as it came pre-installed. It says at the start

<<Note: You should not be prompted for installation disks during this process. If you are, please contact Microsoft for assistance.>>

But for XP it says

<<Note: Before proceeding, ensure that your Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM is available.>>

terryf 23:45 27 Apr 06

It is most frustrating to me that people continually say in the forum that they don't have a system disk, why don't these bl**dy sales-people make a bit more profit and sell, at least, an oem copy of the os. I realise that it isn't the fault of new-comers to computing but it seems to me such an intrinsic part of the purchased item.

keewaa 08:43 28 Apr 06

I'll go with the F11 factory reset the computer offers, I think IE is messed up, so I'll try IE repair first and if it asks for the disc I'll just factory reset the whole box. Thanks ... and yes it would be simpler if getting discs was an automatic part of buying a PC, instead of an option hidden away.

keewaa 13:28 28 Apr 06

Factory reset cured it .... must have been corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…