IE not connecting?

mikegm7 08:10 23 Jun 06

Yesterday I decided to download SP2 for XP. Big big mistake. I should have known better from past experiences. To cut a long story short I removed SP2. This is wher the problems started. My router settings say I am connected, along with upstream and downstream. I have two green lights on my pcmcia card to say I am connected. I have checked the various boxes regarding the card. SSID are matching etc. Password/logon in router are there. When I click on IE, nothing!!! This is on my laptop. But why should this affect the desktop machine as well. SP2 wasn't on there! Anybody any ideas. Have tried with the ethernet cable, but still nothing.
Thanks in advance.

mgmcc 08:23 23 Jun 06

If you have lost internet access from both machines, which are connected independently to a router, then it is unlikely that the problem is related to the download or installation of SP2.

You could try performing a "hard reset" of the router back to factory default settings, but this will mean setting it up again from scratch. I assume you posted your message without using the router, for example, by connecting a basic USB modem?

mikegm7 14:00 23 Jun 06

Posted the message from work....

mikegm7 14:10 23 Jun 06

During the 4 odd hours between downloading sp2 and finaly removing it, I did re-set the modem and went back to using the ethernet cable. Still nothing, but by this time I was in a rage and not thinking straight so I may have missed something. I will try again. I have definitely learnt this time....NO sp2 download for me....

mikegm7 12:02 01 Jul 06 password on the router was incorrect! Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…