IE launching on its own

kindly 12:17 24 Mar 08

I have in the last two days had IE starting itself up when I leave the computer running on its own. Explorer does not connect to any site but the address in the address bar is click here
I have ran my anti virus/spyware program (nod32) which is up to date. Spybot search and destroy. They find nothing out of the ordinary.
Any ideas please. I have started to use IE7 in the last three weeks but because its just started I dont think its that. I have not downloaded anything for a week or two either.
Thanks for any help.

VoG II 12:20 24 Mar 08

Scan with click here

kindly 12:46 24 Mar 08

Will give it a go and get back with results. cheers

kindly 13:38 24 Mar 08

I run through with the superantispyware and it found a lot that my other programs never picked up on. Will go watch a bit tv now and leave the computer alone to see if it is ok in an hour or so.

kindly 15:47 24 Mar 08

Hi all. Its still there. Still launching on its own. I have just tried a restore but it failed. Never thought about it before but my windows updates are on auto update and install. Has anyone heard of any of them causing this type of problem. I am thinking of uninstalling the last couple to see if that does anything.

brundle 16:57 24 Mar 08

It's not due to Windows Updates. Plenty of references to the site you mention relating to spyware from a google search. Try another anti-spyware app, Spywareterminator for example click here, if no luck run HJT click here and post the log at this forum click here

kindly 17:12 24 Mar 08

Cheers brundle, I will give it a try

kindly 17:41 24 Mar 08

Done that brundle. There is a lot on that site to read.

brundle 17:45 24 Mar 08

You don't have to understand the intricacies, someone there should be able to solve your problem. I can see the cause but they will have lots more helpful observations and advice. Good luck with it

kindly 17:51 24 Mar 08

Cheers brundle. If you can see the cause then hopefully I will get it sorted. I cannot put up with the wife calling me everytime a window pops up, It eats into MY drinking time while on holiday. LOL.

kindly 12:31 26 Mar 08

HI all, looks like problem solved. Although I did put my posting on the maleware site. I did a bit digging of my own. Going through my processers in task manager I saw an entry called "Isys32.exe". This one had not been there a few days ago so a bit of looking about and found it was a maleware program that had seated in windows32 folder.
I made a system restore and used "move on boot" to get rid of it. The problem has stopped but I will have to switch of my restore to clean that out if all is still ok in a few days, just incase it has invaded that.
Thanks to advice given "again" here to help sort it all out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…