IE Javascript Probs:(

SimonC 18:55 16 Feb 04

Hi there, I have just re-installed Windows XP Pro, with all updates from the Windows Update site. The problem is my system is pretty much back to where it was but javascript windows sort of flash briefly and then disappear, ie no javascript windows will stay open this is really causing me grief. I have no pop-up filters or anything in operation and javascript is enabled so I am flumoxed and would be grateful for any help anyone could give me.

Cheers

Guybrush

Diodorus Siculus 18:58 16 Feb 04

click here
to try to repair IE. It may help.

ensonricky 19:28 16 Feb 04

Latest versions of IE do not support Java VM as a result of a court ruling on behalf of Sun Microsystems. See click here and download from click here

SimonC 20:01 16 Feb 04

Thanx 4 your responses ut sadly they did not work, strange 1 this coz prior to reinstalling everything ran fine. Read somewhere that one of Microshifty's 'fixes' effected certain sites wonder if that has owt to do wi it?. Any more ideas anyone?

Cheers

Guybrush

SimonC 20:42 16 Feb 04

Run a proggy called Don't Panic! and it has a setting it control pop-ups hidden in its settings that is enabled by default on installation, DOH!.

Thanx 4 your responses

Guybrush

ensonricky 20:43 16 Feb 04

Glad to hear you got it sussed.

SimonC 20:53 16 Feb 04

Cheers mate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…