IE information bar - where is it?

Yimbo 18:52 08 Nov 07

I'm trying to download Windows Photo Story 3 which reuiqres a "validation" process. This asks me to click on IE Infomation Bar - but I can't see it displayed. I use IE 7.0 with Google as main page. Trying the alternative "validation" course results in the message "this object is blocked". Any ideas folks? Also, since this seems a bit of a hassle, is Photo Story 3 the best for making stylish slideshows - or are there better (free) options?

skidzy 19:01 08 Nov 07

The IE information bar is normally under the address bar,right click this and download the file.

lotvic 19:01 08 Nov 07

Open IE > click on 'Help' > on drop down menu click on 'Contents and Index' > in the keyword box type: Information bar > choose the bottom one of the 2 choices 'Understanding the Internet Explorer Information bar' > and then click on 'Display'

It probably means that you have to enable a setting
The Information bar is the place where Internet Explorer displays information about security, downloads, blocked pop-up windows, and other activities. It is located at the top of the webpage.

Technotiger 19:05 08 Nov 07

As a freebie I think it is great. I installed it earlier this week and have already made a couple of very good slide shows on DVD, with no hassle at all.

I still use IE6, though I did my download from within Firefox.

skidzy 19:28 08 Nov 07

Hiya Techno,you still chickening out on IE7 then Lol :-))

Yimbo 12:01 09 Nov 07

Thanks folks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video