IE-how to stop search popping up in main window ?

MichelleC 14:05 28 Nov 03

Hard to describe this one:

when using msn search (in left pane) MSN always pops the results up in main window too, and wiping right pane's previous view. There must be something to change in 'advanced' in tools. Does anyone know how?

cycoze 15:04 28 Nov 03

There is a check box named `Show Search Preview (right)` , make sure this is unchecked , its in the MSNSeacrh left pane , bottom.

MichelleC 13:40 01 Dec 03

I can't seem to find it in ie6. My MSN search panel on left is blank all the way down after msn Search box and 'go'.

cycoze 16:03 01 Dec 03

"I can't seem to find it in ie6. My MSN search panel on left is blank all the way down after msn Search box and 'go'."

With MSN search open , type in say "moose" (first thing to pop into my head), click on go , now in the search window you will see the search results , under these will be a check box"Show Search Preview (right)" uncheck it.

This will have brought up the search results in the main browser window at the same time , however you can click the `back` button a couple of times to return to your previous page , now try another MSN search and you will find it no longer changes your main window.

The MSN search settings should stay put now.

Djohn 16:26 01 Dec 03

This may be useful. Tools/Internet options/advanced, and scroll down about 14 boxes, you will see "Reuse window for launching shortcut" remove the tick and all searches will then open in a new window, rather than the one you are currently in.

This way you can minimise the new window to taskbar to carry on viewing main window. You can then have PCA window open and several more on the taskbar at the same time. j.

Djohn 16:30 01 Dec 03

Or if you don't want to minimise the new window, just click on the X to close after use and your main window is still there. j.

MichelleC 19:36 01 Dec 03

Thanks a lot guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…