IE Homepage won't change

sheila.weston 14:19 15 Jan 09

I want to change my Internet Explorer Home Page from Weight Watchers to BBC.co.uk but it keeps reverting to Weight Watchers after a while. Any suggestions?

Terry Brown 14:30 15 Jan 09

I'm guessing you has a 'thread' running in your registry that is causing this, however,If you are not confident enough to check the regitry, you could try running a search that includes all system and hidden files for weight watchers, and remove them, followed by a program like RegscrubXP to remove all traces from your system.

I assume tat you have now reached your ideal weight-- Congratulations.
Terry

User-1229748 14:33 15 Jan 09

and congrats from me also and to terry brown for posting before the thread was bombarded with witty comments :o)

oldbeefer2 14:33 15 Jan 09

Have you tried (while on the BBC page) 'Tools', 'Internet Options' then 'Use Default'.

Woolwell 15:12 15 Jan 09

Some anti-virus and anti-malware programs stop the home page from being changed. Which ones are you running?

birdface 15:17 15 Jan 09

Have you tried this and beside the clock make this my homepage.click here Also just to be on the safe side go into Tools.Internet Options.And make sure it is the BBC website in the box.And if you can press apply.Ok.

oldbeefer2 15:25 15 Jan 09

Meant to say 'use current'.

sheila.weston 18:56 18 Jan 09

Many thanks, all. Yes, I was rather asking for jokey comments, wasn't I! Suffice to say that W-W online really worked, with 1lb a week weight loss for 14 weeks. But a year later I am back to square one!

I am working through your suggestions, starting with Buteman's idea about the 'make this your home page' beside the clock. It worked fine until I restarted the computer and I am back to W-W. I am now trying changing to the default Home Page. Then I'll work through the other ideas, including the registry cleaner (I have regorganizer, which may do the trick).

I'll report back.

birdface 09:56 19 Jan 09

Just wondering if you have set one of your other programs to recognize it as your home page so it will automatically change back when you reboot.Now I know that you can do that with Spywareblaster.Winpatrol and I think Spybot.Not sure about any other programs. Oh yes I forgot.Winaso if you have that and use the I/Explorer Manager.

Stuartli 10:02 19 Jan 09

When you set your home page you should have it displayed in your browser first.

Then click on the Current Page button to Enable the configuration.

Many people make the mistake of typing in their home page URL during the configuration whilst the browser is open on a different page.

Naturally, when Current Page is OK'd, it selects the browser window's URL.

Stuartli 10:06 19 Jan 09

If you have SUPERAntispyware installed, you can protect your home page from being changed via Control Centre>Preferences/Options>Hi-Jack Protection tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…