IE Home page set to about blank:

Colin 21:43 26 Oct 04

Something has set my IE homepage to "about blank:". I am unable to override this in the usual way (under properties/homes page). I assume that a virus has forced this setting - and is continuing to force the setting. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone know how I can stop it??

VoG II 21:46 26 Oct 04

Download Ad-aware click here and update it.

Restart in Safe Mode click here

Run Ad-aware and let it delete everything that it finds.

If that doesn't solve it, come back and we'll talk you through a way to get rid of it.

stalion 21:47 26 Oct 04

run adaware if you have it installed if not
click here

Colin 22:54 26 Oct 04

I have now tried running adaware6 with windows in safe mode, but problem is still there. I have also tried Adaware 6 and Spybot in windows normal mode. Both programs find stuff (cookies etc.) but IE homepage problem remains. I am happy to try any other approach??

VoG II 23:04 26 Oct 04

You need to try the latest Ad-aware click here and run it in Safe Mode.

If still no luck, please post a HijackThis log click here and the latest version of HJT is at click here

You will need to post your log in two or more "chunks" due to the 800 word limit on this site. Also, please double-space it by adding blank lines after each line of information.

alan227 23:05 26 Oct 04

Go to this link and follow the instructions.

click here

Dan the Confused 23:17 26 Oct 04

Kaspersky seems to work for some people click here

CWShredder is also worth trying click here

Jak_1 00:42 27 Oct 04

CWShredder solved that prob for me some time ago, excelent prog, just been updated too.

Colin10 22:10 27 Oct 04

Problem solved. CWShredder did the trick, in the end. Thanks everyone for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…