IE History group will not expand

Nosmas 23:51 08 May 07

I am still using IE v6 and as other users will know, one can have sites visited, displayed as Favorites or History in a panel on the left. On my system the History sites are grouped as 3 Weeks Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, Last Week followed by the days of the current week from Monday down to Today.

Clicking on any group title causes it to expand and display the sites within that group. During the course of last week I discovered that the group for 2 Weeks Ago would not expand when clicked and it still will not expand. When a new week begins (on Monday) all the sites move up a group, so I am now unable to display the sites I visited 2 Weeks Ago (i.e. w/c 23/04/07) which I had been able to see up until Sunday night when they were in the Last Week group.

Does anyone know why the group fails to expand and whether anything can be done to correct the situation?

Simsy 02:35 09 May 07

you have somehow got things set to only keep history for 7 days... in which case expanding from two weeks ago, (or older), would do nothing as there is nothing there to be shown!

Just a thought!

In IE6 look at Tools>Internet Options>"Days to keep pages in History"

Apologies if this doesn't help!

Regards,

Simsy

GBL 09:46 09 May 07

You might have cleared the cookies folder in which case all previously visited sites will clear.

So if you have clicked on clear cookies or similar they will go.

I use CCleaner regulary and it does just that along with all other unwanted bits and pieces.

Personally if I want to keep a site I save it in favourites otherwise I clean up daily.

Nosmas 10:49 09 May 07

Thanks for your replies, but perhaps I haven't explained my problem clearly. Before Monday of this week, the Last Week group displayed all sites I had visited during the w/c 23/04/07 and the 2 Weeks Ago group should have shown visits during w/c 16/04/07 but that group would not expand for me to see the individual sites visited. Now I am able to see those sites because they have moved into the 3 Weeks Ago group. I cannot now see those for w/c 23/04/07 because from Monday of this week they moved from the Last Week group to the 2 Weeks Ago group. Clearly the info is still there but not viewable when contained in the 2 Weeks Ago group.

Simsy - my "Days to keep pages in History" is set to 21 days.

geoffy - I haven't knowingly cleared any cookies, but that line of thought doesn't tie up with what I have explained above. From time to time I do add a site to my Favourites list, but nevertheless it is often useful to look on the History list for a site you know you visited on a certain day or week but which you didn't add to the Favourites.

Any other ideas on my problem please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac