IE has gained an unwanted toolbar

Chegs ® 16:54 02 Mar 05

I have just noticed that my IE browser has gained an extra bar.I have attempted to remove it,but each time I untick the "Related Page" toolbar,it automatically reticks itself.I have just ran thru adaware/spybot/spyware blaster,and it found "coolwebwww***" but this damn toolbar refuses to go.I also removed "real media" (downside to having AOL as my ISP)and this extra toolbar

VoG II 16:56 02 Mar 05

Try CWShredder Chegs ®

click here

Chegs ® 17:18 02 Mar 05

I had already d/l the CWShredder from another of your postings(Thanks mate)It cannot find any CW related muck on my PC.I think this ruddy toolbar is also a "by product" of AOL,but not 100% as I have been using AOL for a week or so and this thing only turned up today.It hasn't afflicted "Avant"(my usual browser)just I spotted it when checking into hotmail earlier,so tried several things to dispose of it.

Chegs ® 17:22 02 Mar 05

Its actually "Mirar" toolbar,just been clicking around the toolbar buttons and found this EULA for it(which I didn't agree/disagree to,so the cheeky gits have "dumped" this thing on my PC without my consent.

Chegs ® 17:24 02 Mar 05

This End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and NetNucleus Corp. (“NetNucleus”). This Agreement pertains to your use of the NetNucleus software, technology, programs, documentation and updates which are provided to you by NetNucleus, including the Mirar Toolbar (collectively, the “Software”). This Agreement also pertains to the services that are available to you by using the Software (the “Services”). By clicking on the “I Accept” or “Yes” button, you are consenting to the terms of this Agreement.

VoG II 17:29 02 Mar 05

The hard way click here

Jaymz87 17:33 02 Mar 05

the best tool for getting rid of unwanted IE plugins etc, is BHODemon.

click here is a direct link to the file, but if you want to read about it first:

click here

This is the best and simplest tool I have found.

Chegs ® 17:34 02 Mar 05

I found an uninstaller in add/remove,it opened a webpage where I could d/l an uninstaller for mirar,I have and its disappeared.If I have to go digging in the registry,I will but only if the git returns.Thanks for the links mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…