IE Explorer Problem

jotoad 01:00 02 Jan 06

Whenever I open Internet Explorer, the window doesn't open for about 15 seconds. It used to open immediatly, any suggestions.

Thanks

Skyver 01:14 02 Jan 06

How recently has is started doing this? What version of Windows are you using? Is it up to date ( ie all Microsoft patches and updates applied)? What antivirus/ antispyware; are they up to date, and scans done recently? Free ones here if required click here
click here

lotvic 03:20 02 Jan 06

try clearing out your Cookies and Temp Internet Files

jotoad 07:14 02 Jan 06

I cleared the temp files, but it is still slow to load. I will update my computer and see if that works.

Ex plorer 18:31 02 Jan 06

I had this problem and when it started to load IE
it opend in broken sections from top down over.I got rid of my Google tool bar and all was well.

Ex

Coff 13:12 03 Jan 06

Have you got SpySweeper installed? If not, ignore this.

jotoad 01:16 04 Jan 06

Hi, I don't have the Google toolbar, and I do have the latest version of spysweeper.

Coff 12:34 04 Jan 06

It's an issue with SpySweeper. You can either put up with it meantime until they release a new build, (they are aware of the problem), or, as a short term measure, go into Shields\Windows System\Windows System Shields and untick Active X Shield.

The latest Sun Java update can also cause SpySweeper to slow down IE but I haven't found that here.

If you do disable the Active X Shield protection, but are not too happy about doing it, you could download Flash and Pics Control from click here This will give you a toolbar icon in IE from where you can quickly disable/enable Active X, Scripts, Java, etc. i.e turn Active X off until you need it. (SpySweeper may warn you about this program as it's a browser extension but it's perfectly safe.)

Another alternative would be to Run Microsoft Anti Spyware click here in real time instead of SpySweeper, assuming you have XP.

Coff 12:49 04 Jan 06

You only need to go into Shield\Windows System to untick the Active X shield.

jotoad 06:09 13 Jan 06

Thanks, unticking the shield worked. Now that active x shield is off however, am i at any more of a risk of getting spyware?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…