ie explorer keeps closing when trying to connect

alan mac33 16:48 03 Mar 04

internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close , the error reprt reads
Oxc0000005, if this means anything , it just happened the other day and can only connect to the internet until it decides to throw me out , i run XP and have updated all the windows updates , i have even put my xp disc back in and run it all up again , and have tried downloading interner explorer from the microsoft site, whats wrong its driving me nuts!!! if i try to go on the windows help site it chucks me off straight away.

Diodorus Siculus 16:52 03 Mar 04

click here
Repair IE

click here
318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

Diodorus Siculus 17:21 03 Mar 04

Please, post in the thread. That way others will be able to share their ideas.

Fix to repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows XP:

1. From the Start menu, choose Run.

2. In the Run window, type rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

Note: The command is case-sensitive.

3. Click the OK button.

4. Click the Repair Internet Explorer option.

5. Click the Yes button to complete the repair.

6. Restart the computer when you are prompted and allow the computer to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer.

alan mac33 18:03 03 Mar 04

when i type in the words in the run box , it all works , but when it comes up all the options are greyed out?

alan mac33 18:37 03 Mar 04

Diodorus,

thanks for your advice can you tell me why and what to do when the options are greyed out

Diodorus Siculus 21:43 03 Mar 04

Sorry, I've been out. Maybe someone else has an idea.

One idea, get another browser, eg FireFox or Mozilla and use it to download IE from MS. Or possibly install IE from a CD if you have one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…