IE Explorer Icon on the desktop

Revi 22:15 16 Nov 04

I don't have the Explorer icon on one of my computer desktops, how do I get it there?

ashdav 22:20 16 Nov 04

assuming xp.. start, all programs, right click on IE, send to, desktop create shortcut

Eastender 22:45 16 Nov 04

Right click on Desktop choose Properties then Desktop, Customise Desktop and tick Internet Explorer. (Unless you mean Windows Explorer)

Revi 23:00 16 Nov 04

Sorry Ashdav I don't intend creating a shortcut! Eastender thanks for your suggestion. I did what you said but unfortunately IE was already ticked, but still it does not appear on the desktop!

Smegs 00:26 17 Nov 04

Xp Home.

Goto Windows Explorer. Then Local Disk (C:), then Programs, then Internet Explorer.

There, you should find the Internet Explorer E.

Highlight it, Right Click, Copy, then goto the desk top, right click, and paste.

User-312386 00:36 17 Nov 04

it could be the desktop could be "locked"

Right click on Desktop choose Properties then Desktop, Customise Desktop, now click on "web" tab and see if it is ticked on the "lock desktop"

Revi 06:22 17 Nov 04

Million thanks, yes IE Explorer is on the desktop now, I copied and pasted as you said!Thanks to all the others who tried to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…