I.E. error message.

Koochy 00:45 28 Feb 06

I have aohell as my default browser but some programs still insist on using internet explorer to respond to a link on them i.e. mcafee av now this in itself has never been a problem but tonight i have been getting a constant error message coming up in the window that appears.

The requested URL /w/safepop.cgi was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.0RC1 Server at media.fastclick.net Port 80

Or

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- server_keti_inpdap/ 06-Nov-2005 21:20 -
update.exe 07-Dec-2005 16:02 593K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.0RC1 Server at windowsupdate.microsoft.com Port 80

Anybody know whats happenin here?

Xp sp2 full updates
Aol silver

ACOLYTE 02:15 28 Feb 06

Im not sure but this may help if it is this
click here

ACOLYTE 12:13 02 Mar 06

Did the page help?

terryf 12:22 02 Mar 06

Once again no reply to 'did it help'

Koochy 17:38 02 Mar 06

"Once again no reply to 'did it help'"

I am so sorry Terryf that i haven't been able to get back to ACOLYTE as i have been away and did not have access to a pc but i am sure that in future i will jump to every one of your questions as soon as you post.

ACOLYTE im sorry it took so long to get back to you but yes it did help and your help was greatly received so thanks once again and please accept my apologies.

As for the sarcastic remarks Terryf, Keep them until you know the full facts thanks

Koochy 17:53 02 Mar 06

Hi just to say yes it did greatly help to putting me on the right path. I don't actually have norton i have mcafee but i downloaded ewido and ran a full system scan and it got rid of a load of crud i then downloaded ccleaner and ran that also my pc is now running better than ever thanks once again.

Koochy

ACOLYTE 00:36 03 Mar 06

Glad its sorted)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…