ie doesn't start?

lelole76 07:53 29 Aug 07

Hi
I recently added some of the programs recommended by Skidzy in his safe and clean computers thread, and since then - not all the time, but enough to be annoying - internet explorer will not open.

When I click to open it it looks like nothing is happening. However when I look in the processes part of task manager there will be an Iexplore process running. Nothing happens though. Trying to open Iexplore again just opens more processes. Before I realised this was happening I managed to open several.

On reboot the computer brings up the end rpogram message for every instance.
I am on XP sp2, and have downloaded ZA, AVG, Spyware blaster, spyware terminator (running real time) and spybot sd (running real time)and adaware, and I have also run ccleaner and run the registry and temp files cleaner.

Thanks for your help.

HCOOH 09:13 29 Aug 07

If running IE6 you could try to repair IE. Search for ie.inf using the search tool then right click on ie.inf and choose install. You will get a message next time you go to open IE, choose yes.

T0SH 09:33 29 Aug 07

Try using the XP system restore back to a date before you made any changes and or additions (if restoring does not help it can be undone)

Cheers HC

lelole76 15:00 29 Aug 07

Hi
System restore seems to have worked, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…