IE does not find WMP7.1

Cesare 11:19 16 Oct 06

Windows98; IE does not find Windows Media Player7.1 and when I click to see MSN Video it asks me to install WMP10. Win98 cannot take WMP version10.I have reinstalled a new version of WMP7, but it made no difference. Any ideas please?

birdface 12:00 16 Oct 06

I noticed you can still download Windows Media player 7.1 from Microsoft.So I take it they must still support it.I know recently they stopped support for a few things on Win 98, But i dont know if this was one of them,I am sure someone out there will be able to help you with your problem, A very good site this for getting help, Good luck.

birdface 22:52 16 Oct 06

Just a thought, I presume that you downloaded all the codec Upgrades to go with it, If not maybe worth a look.

Cesare 07:49 17 Oct 06

Yes I did but still no luck. I am now thinking that the reason that Internet Explorer keeps asking me to download the WMP 10, is because the video on their web site can only be seen with a higher version of win Media player than what I have. But I could be wrong,

birdface 11:07 17 Oct 06

Cesare,I Have had WMP10+WMP11, And none of them will play Video's,I think you have to Download and pay for a Video Decoder before they work,Might be better moving on to some other program,And getting rid WMP.If you go to your main home page Address bar,And type in K-Lite Codec pack, Make sure you open the right one, And try that,It opens up Windows Media Classic,And will play your DVD,S,Works for me .

johnnyrocker 11:21 17 Oct 06

try vlc player, it can play anything click here

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…