IE disconnects

roi 09:13 16 Jul 04

I can't get any of the links to work when I searched for previous postings on this. My daughter's PC disconnects from the internet after a few minutes. Windows ME; IE6.
Can s'one advise pl?

Stuartli 09:39 16 Jul 04

There could be a number of reasons. One easily missed is Enabling the Hang Up after Send/Receive in the Outlook Express Send/Receive panel.

Another is Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed being Enabled from IE>Tools>Options>Connections tab>Settings>Advanced button.

roi 10:02 16 Jul 04

Thanks Stuartli. Have advised her to untick the boxes you pointed me at in IE. Had already suggested she unticked the 'hang up' box in OE. Are you suggesting this should in fact be enabled?

Stuartli 10:15 16 Jul 04

No, only that it is often Enabled when it should be Disabled..:-)

It means that if you check for e-mails when Enabled it will do so and then disconnect.

If you are using Internet Explorer and have OE set to check for e-mails say every five or 10 minutes, then once it has done so it will disconnect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…