IE Diagnosis

Rick_X 17:32 02 Oct 05

I'm having problems with a particular website that makes me think there's something in IE that needs fixing. The address is click here and when I load it many images refuse to load. This doesn't happen on any other PC I have. I have reloaded Java, Flash and Shockwave and restored all IE settings to default but to no avail.

Remote assistance also won't work from this PC in either direction which may or may not be related.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

I'm running XP Home SP2

Thanks

GaT7 17:38 02 Oct 05

First try a sfc /scannow click here.

If no joy, try an IE repair click here. G

woodchip 17:39 02 Oct 05

Don't know what's up with IE I ditched it some time ago, Got fed up repairing it. I use Netscape 7.2 everything OK on that

Rick_X 18:14 02 Oct 05

Tried sfc but all I get is a DOS box that flashes up quickly saying that I need adminstrator priveleges to run sfc. I'm running XP Home, as far as I know this edition doesn't have adminstrators. Any ideas??

VoG II 18:26 02 Oct 05

Try from a command prompt: Start, Run, type

cmd

and click OK. At the > prompt type

sfc /scannow

and press the Enter key.

Rick_X 18:32 02 Oct 05

No joy, I get the message:

You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the windows file checker utility

This is really annoying!

VoG II 18:38 02 Oct 05

Restart in Safe Mode and log in as Administrator click here

Rick_X 19:40 02 Oct 05

Thanks, will try that now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…