IE as default browser

lacker 00:54 09 Aug 05

Hi all,
long time since I have posted on here,but I have what is probably a stupid question.
By preference I use Firefox as my default browser,in all of my partitions.However on one partition I need to use IE as the default browser.How do I do this please,I am blowed if I can see how.

Chegs ® 01:07 09 Aug 05

"However on one partition..." has me puzzled.Can you explain a little more,such as what OS have you running on each of these different partitions(presumably Win 98/XP+???)or do you mean "differents users" ?

lacker 02:24 09 Aug 05

No I mean different partitions via the courtesy of HyperOS.One of my partitions is for games and simulators,and one of the simulators does not like downloading update or new files via Firefox.Hope I have explained myself a little better.

lacker 02:26 09 Aug 05

CHEGS
Sorry mate you asked for my OS,it is XP on all partitions. Cheers

mattyc_92 09:26 09 Aug 05

Click "Start->Set Program Access And Defaults". Now click onto the "Custom" option and select what you want to be default.

Hope that helps.

lacker 20:13 09 Aug 05

MATTYC_92,you are a star sir,thank you so very much.I knew it had to be simple,but then so am I,and I just could not think how to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…