IE with D-LINK G604T Wireless Router

MikeHolbo 13:06 21 Nov 05

Hi,

I have setup a D-LINK G604T wireless router in my home. I use it to connect my desktop, via cable and laptop, via wireless, to my dsl AOL service. Internet browsing is fine on the laptop but the desktop can only browse using the AOL browser and wont allow secure sites or video streaming. I have checked all the connection configuration and firewall is disabled on the desktop pc. As there is no problem on the laptop the problem cannot be firewall issue on the router, am very stuck and would appreciate any ideas!

Mike

mgmcc 14:13 21 Nov 05

Try this:

Download "CyberTweak" from - click here - and use it to set the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) value to 1400 and see if that helps.

1400 is a lower setting than normal and is specific to AOL.

Taff™ 19:08 22 Nov 05

You can go into the router settings and do that as well. 1400 is specific to AOL. I agree with mgmcc - check it.

Once you have connected via the AOL interface on the desktop can you minimise it and then use Internet Explorer?

jeverett 21:17 22 Nov 05

I have had this problem, upgrade the firmware on the dlink to the latest version, there are tons of bugs in the older versions.

MikeHolbo 07:49 23 Nov 05

Was advised that AOL doesn't support D-Link router, so I returned it on the grounds of mis-sold item. Purchased the Netgear 834G and used the .exe file on AOL to setup my connection, all works perfectly in both AOL and IE on both computers and only took 15 mins to install!
Thanks for your help though.

Taff™ 08:32 23 Nov 05

AOL don`t support any wireless router unless you buy it from them &/or pay for a premium service - what a rip off.

Jeverett - D-link have told me that the upgraded firmware will make no difference to the connectivity issues. I have never had to apply it to any of the routers installed.

Anyway resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017