IE constantly freezing

naineysman 16:11 08 Apr 05

This might be a bit to general for an easy fix but this has been plaguing her pc for weeks.

Broadband connection (cable) with nic, win98se, ie ver 6.01.

The homepage (any one) loads ok and generally any hyperlinks work (i.e you get there) but if you type in an address the page will freeze before it loads, nearly every time.

We have tried NIS, ad-aware se, etc. all seems well, games run fine, i wonderif the problem could be related to telewest/modem/etc rather than the pc.

any one any opinion ?

VoG II 16:16 08 Apr 05

Try a repair click here

naineysman 19:55 08 Apr 05

Thanks VoG, done that but no better. When the pc rebooted it displayed an error mesage -

a fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C02A27AB in VVD VWIN32(05) + 000012DO

jcket 20:00 08 Apr 05

I had lots of probs with IE and was sick of trying to fix them all the time so I tried Mozilla firefox wicked browser you can get it here click here
Give this a try you may prefere it.:)

naineysman 20:20 08 Apr 05

Trying to run a tool to match more RAM and when i delved into system, i found a message saying the virtual memory was at 0% and windows may not run properly. Could this be the problem ?

naineysman 14:08 10 Apr 05

Dont know exact fix but doubled the RAM to 512, ran spybot a few times and uninstalled about 50 kids games.

Going like a dream now ??

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…