IE closes all browser windows

alphonse snottigrew 17:27 01 Jul 06

Hi
this has just started to happen...
if I click a link which opens a web page in a new browser window, all the other open windows close down leaving me only with the new window.

also even if i hold down the shift key when i go to a new site or select to open a new window, my browser closes all the other open browser windows.

the only software i have loaded in the past few days is filescavenger (now uninstalled) and cloudmark to filter my emails.

can anyone help it's drivin me mad.......

Strawballs 17:41 01 Jul 06

Have you tried a system restore back to before this started (assuming you are using XP)

alphonse snottigrew 19:12 01 Jul 06

thanks strawballs... shuda thought of that myself..... however I just restored to an earlier time and it made no difference.

i have been using IE 7 beta and though it might be something to do with that but i uninstalled it and it is still the same with IE 6.... really annoyin cos i keep having to start all over....

rdave13 19:32 01 Jul 06

Can't remember exactly but I seem to remember something about Java. I have version 1.5.0 installed. Try uninstalling and see what happens. Then reinstall.

alphonse snottigrew 16:33 02 Jul 06

nope.... just tried that and it made no difference.... looks like a re-format and clean xp install comin on i guese....

alphonse snottigrew 16:34 02 Jul 06

guess

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…