IE blocking this download for your security.

So Afraid 12:39 14 Jul 07

I have used filehippo.com for downloads for sometime but now cannot download anything with firefox or IE,with firefox the page goes blank when i click on a download,with IE i get the above message about security.

Andy1991 13:04 14 Jul 07

Theres a security policy in place i think, can any one help this person as to which one and where to find it, i only have home edition so i can't comply

Jak_1 13:06 14 Jul 07

No problem here, I've just done a trial download using both IE6 and Firefox. Both files downloaded no problem. Have you changed your security settings at all?

So Afraid 14:59 14 Jul 07

No i have changed nothing but its just come about in last 2 days.

Joe R 15:06 14 Jul 07

So Afraid,

have your firewall settings been turned to maximum security.?

So Afraid 15:11 14 Jul 07

I am using free zonealarm as it comes.

Joe R 16:15 14 Jul 07

So Afraid,

double click on the zone alarm icon in your system tray, then select firewall, and make sure the sliders for internet and trusted zone, are set to medium.

Stuartli 16:50 14 Jul 07

I use both Firefox and IE6 - my free ZA firewall's sliders are both on High.

From IE's Tools>Internet Options>Privacy tab>Sites button, try adding filehippo to the Allowed status.

Stuartli 16:52 14 Jul 07

PS

In Firefox, it's from Tools>Options>Security tab>ensure first box is ticked>Exceptions button>add firehippo website.

So Afraid 12:13 15 Jul 07

Tried the above to no avail,just downloaded from majorgeeks with no problem so its just a mystery why its happened.I have not put filehippo on any restricted sites list and can browse the site ok.

So Afraid 20:08 16 Jul 07

I cannot download anything now not even majorgeeks,tried a few system restores but no change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…