IE blank window

ayrmail 19:45 18 Jun 04

Can not get IE to load any page, window stays blank, I appear to have an internet connection as zone alarm shows movement also some sign of life with task manager.
If I enter a web address all that happens is the bar along the bottom loads up fully doesn’t disappear though and I am left with a blank screen.
On second thought perhaps the movement I am seeing is only on my network.
Running XP home sp1, zone alarm5 (has worked fine for several weeks since upgrade). Was using avg6 then changed to avast, also tried some tweaks from a post last Sunday a link from some one to Black Viper only tried changing from ‘let windows choose’ to ‘best performance’.
Tried changing that back no joy although I couldn’t see what that could have done.
Tried system restore back to Saturday when I know it was fine.
No joy added problem that was pre avast so avg6 was on except it has a language fault and on every boot up I get a windows error BCCode23 BCP1 000E00E0 BCP 2 F64DC7C4 BCP4 F2E0E98C Then the OS ver.
The error report also says C;\windows\minidump\mini061804-01.dmp
and C;\docume~1\davidc~1\locals~1\temp\wer1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml.

VoG II 19:49 18 Jun 04

Have you tried with Zone Alarm turned off (just to check) ?

VoG II 19:52 18 Jun 04

Instructions on dealing with the minidump message click here

ayrmail 19:54 18 Jun 04

hadn't, have now no change thanks though

ayrmail 20:14 18 Jun 04

That seems to have solved the boot error but still no joy with IE

VoG II 20:16 18 Jun 04

Try a repair of IE click here

Try a different browser click here

ayrmail 20:25 18 Jun 04

just running it scannow has come up with dll file but says load xp pro sp2 cd slightly confuseing or dose it matter

VoG II 20:38 18 Jun 04

Just load your Windows CD - it may take a few attempts to get it accepted.

ayrmail 21:17 18 Jun 04

no change after scannow and got the same using firefox so I've dowloaded avg to fix the language problem then?

VoG II 21:20 18 Jun 04

When you end up with the blank screen, does the address bar still contain the address that you typed in?

ayrmail 21:31 18 Jun 04

yes address still there,
some progress as i just got an unable to display

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…