//some 3rd party need geo

IE alternative?

cracker23 21:33 03 Apr 03

Can anyone recomend an alternative to Internet Explorer that doesn't take up so much memory usage? 37,720k is a bit excessive (or is it supposed to be that much??) Would appreciate any views you all might have.Thank you

Soy (AKA tran1) 21:38 03 Apr 03

Opera Browser is a good choice. Have been using it since.

Soy (AKA tran1) 21:38 03 Apr 03

Opera Browser is a good choice. Have been using it since. click here

Wrinkles 22:15 03 Apr 03

Yep agree there and an added advantage is there is a setting you can invoke that will make opera lie and identify itself as IE or Netscape if you want it to.

Bacon & Eggs 22:25 03 Apr 03

Another vote for Opera here. Some pages do come up slightly differently however, but it has built-in anti-pop-up stuff and built-in searching kit for various engines that I find quite useful.

I think the other option is called Mozilla; either Netscape was based on it or vice versa...

Belatucadrus 22:31 03 Apr 03

click here for a page full of options of all sizes, some based around IE others not, plenty to choose from. click here for IEradicator.

cracker23 10:03 04 Apr 03

Cheers guys.Opera it is then.Well,I'll give it a try anyway.Thanks again

suzie005 10:40 04 Apr 03

opera is brilliant check it out.mozilla ok and better than IE but not so easy to use and nowhere as many skins-and i found it more difficult to download them than in opera

suzie005 10:42 04 Apr 03

oh yeah and there is the option to stop pop ups,a dictionary,a translator and god knows wot else

cracker23 10:43 04 Apr 03

Hi suzie,downloading as we speak!!

Pesala 12:17 04 Apr 03

Since the thread is ticked as resolved I am sending you a private message.

Internet Eradicator is potentially dangerous. Steer well clear of it.

Opera is excellent, and has built-in email too, but you will sometimes need to resort to IE. Just set up Opera as your default browser, and use IE whenever you get problems with a site. I find that IE is better for posting messages on MSN message boards.

The forum at Opera.com is very helpful. Even more active than this one, but dedicated to browsing issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…